The College of Engineering fosters and provides world-class programs in engineering education, research and service to enhance the economic and social well-being of the citizens of Florida, the nation and the world.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the College of Engineering at the University of Florida will exhibit the following in pursuit of their profession:
- Vision – As evidenced by an ability to use creative approaches to problem solving.
- Values – As evidenced by an understanding of the importance of employing strong professional ethics.
- Leadership – As evidenced by serving as:
- A team/project leader with solid project management and planning skills
- A mentor to less experienced staff
- A volunteer in the community
- Professional Expertise – As evidenced by:
- Making meaningful contributions to technical engineering problem solving as both an individual and in team situations
- Continually enhancing both technical and non-technical skills
- Applying professional expertise to increasingly complex problems/projects
- Increasingly capable communications skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge – About the interaction of financial, societal, legal, or cultural influences with science and technology.
Each undergraduate program has detailed program educational objectives available on its respective website: