The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering (HWCOE) values a diverse and inclusive community. It is integral to success in every area of our college. Therefore, the College is committed to non-discrimination with respect to all areas of human differences, including but not limited to national and ethnic origin, race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, beliefs and opinions, religion and faiths, culture, socio-economic background, level of physical or mental ability, and veteran’s status. This commitment applies in all areas–to students, faculty, and staff and intends to reflect the College’s belief that educational and employment decisions and access to University activities should be based on an individual’s abilities and qualifications.
The HWCOE values broad diversity within our community and is committed to individual and group empowerment, inclusion, and the elimination of discrimination. We aspire to educate students to become future leaders capable of creating diverse and inclusive work cultures wherever their careers may take them.
Calendar of Activities and Events
- Office of the Chief Diversity Officer IDEA Calendar
- September 25, 2020, 11:45am-12:35pm
- SE Distinguished Seminar Series: Risk-Averse Multistage Stochastic Programs with Expected Conditional Risk Measures, Dr. Lewis Ntaimo, Texas A&M University
- October 12, 2020
- Women in IoT Workshop organized by Dr. Janise McNair and Dr. My Thai with invited women leaders including national speakers from academia and industry
- Summary of Fall 2020 HWCOE IDEA Activities and Initiatives