The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering has over one million gross square feet of facilities. Approximately 75% of the space is assignable square footage utilized for research, administration, classroom, and conference space. Most of this space is located on UF’s main campus. The Engineering buildings on the main campus are located in three general areas, typically referred to as:
- North Campus (South of Stadium Rd and North of Museum Rd)
- South Campus (South of Museum Rd and North of UF Health/Shands)
- Surge Area (South of Performing Arts Center and North of Archer Rd.)
The HWCOE also has 25 other buildings and facilities located off-campus that include the following locations:
- East Campus (Located on Waldo Road at 23rd Ave intersection)
- Solar Park (South of Archer Rd on SW 23rd Terrace)
- Coastal Lab (Located on 6th street, South of Depot Rd)
- REEF Lab (Located in Shalamar, FL adjacent to Eglin Air Force Base)
Click on the photos below to view more information about some of our more prominent buildings and facilities.
Nuclear ReactorNuclear ReactorBldg. 0557
|Full Building Name
Nuclear Reactor Bldg.
Gross Square Footage (GSF) 15,941
Net Assignable Square Footage (NASF)
|Departments in Building