- NRF awards UF researcher Loss Prevention Ring of Excellence Award May 26, 2023The National Retail Federation (NRF) has announced its recognition of outstanding loss prevention professionals for the 2023 NRF PROTECT Awards. Among the esteemed honorees is Read Hayes, Ph.D., a University of Florida research scientist and director of the UF SaferPlaces Laboratory.
- Science Camp Will Help Middle Schoolers See Their Future in STEM May 2, 2022Originally posted in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering.
As a veteran educator, inspiring, empowering and charting a pathway to success for students is something Nancy Ruzycki, Ph.D., instructional associate professor in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering, has been doing for decades. Now, on the heels of her EQuIPD Grant success, Dr. Ruzycki is ...
- Vobile Locates in Gainesville Innovation District Solidifying Collaboration with the University of Florida April 27, 2022Originally posted on the HWCOE’s website.
Vobile, the worldwide leading Software-as-a-Service provider in digital content protection and monetization, announced on April 21 the opening of a new R&D and Operations Center in Gainesville, FL, home to more than 75,000 college students between the University of Florida and Santa Fe College. This strategic move is part of ...
- As retail crime evolves, this team stays one step ahead April 25, 2022As retail crime evolves, this team stays one step ahead
- UF CELEBRATE NATIONAL BIOMECHANICS DAY April 15, 2022Originally published on the College of Health & Human Performance Website.
National Biomechanics Day honors the breakthrough science of the 21st century. This global celebration was observed in the Florida Gym as an annual outreach event that brings together labs from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, College of Public Health and Health Professions, and the College ...
- UF announces Artificial Intelligence Academic Initiative Center April 2, 2022UF announces Artificial Intelligence Academic Initiative Center
- Dr. Read Hayes, a UF researcher offers his expert view regarding the recent spike in organized robberies during a series of interviews with news outlets December 1, 2021Dr. Read Hayes, a researcher and criminologist in the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, offers his expert view regarding the recent spike in shoplifting, especially the organized ones, and what retailers and high-end stores can do to tackle this issue in a series of interviews. Here is a sample of his interviews with some ...
- OPINION: UF is Helping to Produce America’s Future Engineers November 15, 2021OPINION: UF is Helping to Produce America’s Future Engineers
- UF’s Gatr2 Vex Robotics Team Wins The Texas VexU Qualifier May 28, 2021UF’s Gatr2 Vex Robotics Team Wins The Texas VexU Qualifier
- Groundswell Startups Partners with UF to Bring AI Supercomputer Access to the Space Coast May 20, 2021Groundswell Startups is proud to announce a collaborative partnership with the University of Florida Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering that will bring companies on Florida’s Space Coast access to the most powerful artificial intelligence (AI) supercomputer in academia.