- UF Innovation Station Sarasota County and UF STRIDE Introduce Sarasota County Students to Transportation Engineering
The Southeastern Transportation Research, Innovation, Development, and Education (STRIDE) Center teamed up with Julee Breehne, K-12 Coordinator at Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering’s UF Innovation Station in Sarasota County, to introduce students at Booker Middle School in Sarasota County to transportation engineering.
A student from Booker Middle School in Sarasota County works on an activity related to reaction ...
- Measuring, communicating and mitigating negative coastal impacts
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The University of Florida and Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, in concert with North Carolina State University, Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University and UF’s Innovation Station Sarasota County, recently convened a five-session virtual summit on “Innovating Coastal Resilience.” Thought leaders and industry experts gathered online to help envision new technologies and applications, ...
- New College of Florida and University of Florida to Establish Dual Degree Program
New College of Florida and the University of Florida are working together to design an innovative dual degree program that would allow for the earning of a Bachelor of Arts degree in a liberal arts and science major from New College and a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering major from UF. Students in ...
- University of Florida and Sarasota County renew Innovation Station funding
Gainesville, Florida – Sarasota County commissioners have unanimously approved extending funding, matched by UF funding, for University of Florida Innovation Station Sarasota County (UFIS-SC) through 2027.
UFIS-SC was formed in 2016 and is the first extension office for the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. It was developed to strengthen the region’s innovation economy, support the ...
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation and UF Innovation Station-Sarasota County continue to build talent pipeline
The COVID-19 pandemic did not slow down the momentum of engineering students seeking internships this summer. A number of students from Gator Engineering at State College of Florida and from the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering will be doing internships and work-study programs with companies and other organizations in the Sarasota-Manatee County area this ...
- Girls Engaged in Gator Engineering Day 2020
Originally posted by WCJP.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB)– Middle schoolers throughout Florida had a chance to experience first-hand what engineers do for society.
“It is really in between middle school, sixth, seventh and eighth grade where we’re losing a critical mass of young women who up until then have been very much interested in science, engineering, and mathematics and ...
- Gator Engineering at SCF, a family affair of sorts for one set of siblings!
This program kind of opened the doors for me to get into UF” – Trevor Pools, one of the students from the inaugural class of Gator Engineering at SCF program in 2017.
- New Gulf Coast Community Foundation Grant Expands Innovators Program!
Funding provided by Gulf Coast Community Foundation doubles the number of stipends available for engineering students who intern in Sarasota County.
- New Majors Added to Gator Engineering at State College of Florida Program!
UF and State College of Florida expand engineering course offerings, further stimulating regional economy.
- Regional school districts to benefit from $5 million grant to boost STEM Instruction in Struggling Schools
UF Engineering educator trains today’s teachers to improve tomorrow’s workforce.