1) Junior or Senior level engineering undergraduate students graduating with a bachelor’s degree between December 2023 through August 2024.
2) Required to apply to a University of Florida engineering Ph.D. program for the fall 2024 term (at UF, students can apply to a Ph.D. program directly from the completion of their bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree is achieved in route to the Ph.D. ). The University of Florida agrees to provide Junior Preview participants with engineering Ph.D. application fee waivers.
3) U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
4) Minimum 3.40 cumulative undergraduate GPA (some students below a 3.40 GPA have been selected in the past)
5) Complete the Junior Preview online application including resume, unofficial transcripts, statement of Ph.D. interest to UF, optional letters of recommendation.
6) Received the necessary permission from your undergraduate institution (faculty advisor, missing class, etc.) to attend the virtual program from Nov. 3-5, 2022.
7) Preference is given to students also interested and available to participate in SURF 2023.
June 1 – Junior Preview Application Open
September 26 – Application Review Begins
October 3 – Extended Application Deadline until all Department Slots are Filled