Mission: INAS mission includes:
- To build a world-class institute on the science and engineering of networked and autonomous systems
- To educate and train of the next generation of leaders in research and education
- To foster interactions among students, research staff, faculty, and stake holders
- To pursue and coordinate response to major multi-disciplinary funding
- To establish close collaboration within the state and national entities in this area
The Institute for Networked Autonomous Systems is an operating unit within the college of engineering (COE) at the University of Florida. INAS works closely with the faculty inside and outside COE and government and industry clients to develop the science, engineering, and technology related to the development and application of networked, intelligent, and autonomous systems. A successful initiative in autonomous systems must be highly interdisciplinary, integrating the extensive research thrusts in academic environment at UFL with entrepreneurship spirit. INAS will reflect this integration with an equal emphasis in discovery, transformation, and entrepreneurship. To this end, INAS is aimed at shaping the future of networked autonomous systems by casting the vision, formulating the underlying science and engineering, creating the technology, and training the leaders of tomorrow.
The institute organizational structure includes a director, faculty advisory committee, and faculty members. The role and responsibilities of them are described in a separate document provided by the college of engineering.