The University of Florida Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering is recruiting a Lecturer or Professor of Practice to serve in the University of Florida Engineering Innovation Institute. This full-time position is open immediately and reports to the Director of the UF Engineering Innovation Institute. The successful candidate will provide instruction in the core courses of the Institute found at https://www.eng.ufl.edu/innovation/students/courses/, with an initial focus on instructing Engineering Innovation and Engineering Entrepreneurship based on course materials already developed and having been delivered over previous semesters. In addition to course instruction, further responsibilities include:
- Regularly update course instructional materials with current technology entrepreneurship instructional models, case studies, and examples showing industry application of course educational topics
- Mentor teams of undergraduate, graduate and working professional engineering students in technology entrepreneurship, innovation, creativity, and leadership
- Work with the Engineering Innovation Institute Leadership Team in helping engineering students to form start-up companies and provide them with coaching and contacts to local and regional resources for company formation and growth
- Engage recognized technology entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and company leaders in classroom and other student engagement activities (e.g. guest speaker, mentor)
- Provide classroom and experiential learning opportunities through Modules, Workshops, Short Courses, Activities and other engagement mechanisms for College of Engineering students, alums, and community partners
The successful candidate will possess a passion for teaching in an active and engaging learning environment that challenges engineering students to go beyond their comfort zones, in smaller class sizes of less than 50 students per section, and delivering highly impactful courses with real-world technology innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity based content and context. Additionally, preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in an engineering or other high technology-centric entrepreneurship and innovation environment, especially in early stages of tech-company startup and growth and creative ideation leading to innovation in a larger company.
- Record of teaching experience with undergraduate and graduate engineering students across a broad spectrum of engineering or technology disciplines.
- Record of effectively mentoring students through project based programs or courses.
- Experience with local community start-ups and the broader Gainesville innovation ecosystem
Interested candidates should complete an application online through the UF Careers System links below, as well as send an email to email@example.com with their Cover Letter and Resume/CV. Note that one can apply to the open position through either the Lecturer or Professor of Practice based on academic degree achieved and professional experience. Note the degree/experience requirements for both positions below and that a PhD is not required:
- Lecturer – Note the requirement “Ph.D. preferred in related engineering field or M.S. in engineering or a closely related discipline” in http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/502874/lecturersr-lecturermaster-lecturer
- Professor of Practice – Note the requirement “Ph.D. in related engineering field or equivalent qualifications based on professional experience” in http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/502877/professor-of-practice
Applications are currently being accepted and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Any questions can be directed to Erik Sander at firstname.lastname@example.org.