2013 Gator Engineering Innovation Summit
The Engineering Innovation Institute at the University of Florida hosted its biennial Gator Engineering Innovation Summit at the Reitz Student Union Sept. 19-20, 2013. The theme was “Transforming Engineering Education & Research to Unleash the Creative Spirit.” The event kicked off the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering’s reunion weekend.
World-class thought leaders engaged the audience in discussions on the role of creativity, design and entrepreneurship in enhancing innovation and driving the economy. Alumni, faculty and students gained exposure to new ways to add value to engineering education, technology development and commercialization the Gator Engineering way, also known as “Powering the New Engineer.”
- Jim Plummer, dean of the School of Engineering, Stanford University
Speakers (in order of appearance)
- Chris Malachowsky – Co-founder of NVIDIA
- Trey Lauderdale – President of Voalté
- Randy Glein – Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Scott Staples – Co-founder of Mindtree
- Josh Walden – Corporate Vice President of Intel
- Bob Klein – Vice President at Northrup Grumman
- Augi Lye – Founder Trendy Entertainment
- Amir Rubin – Co-founder of Prioria Robotics
- And more
This biennial event offers Gator Engineering alumni and educators an opportunity to meet in one place and participate in a dynamic discussion about innovation and engineering, including interdisciplinary research, the role of technology in instruction, the role of leadership in engineering, and the importance of maintaining a human-centered approach.
Join us for the next Gator Engineering Innovation Summit in the fall of 2015.