2012 Gator Engineering Leadership Summit
The Engineering Leadership Institute at the University of Florida hosted its biennial Gator Engineering Leadership Summit in Gainesville on Oct. 19, 2012. The theme was “Leading Innovation Through Inclusion.” The event kicked off the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering’s reunion weekend.
World-class thought leaders engaged the audience in discussions on the roles of diversity and inclusion in creative discovery and problem solving.
Keynote speaker: Frans Johansson, entrepreneur, innovative thought leader, and author of The Medici Effect.
Speakers and panelists for the 2012 Leadership Summit included:
- Linda Hudson (BSSE ’72) – President/CEO, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Rhonda Holt (BSCISE ’86) – SVP, Media Platform Technology & Operations, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Linda Rae (BSEE ’87) – President, Keithley Instruments
- Glenn Renwick (MS ’78) – President/CEO, Progressive Insurance
- Lesa Roe (BSEE ’86) – Director, NASA Langley Research Center
- David Thomas (BSIE ’72, MS ’72) – Past Executive Chairman of IMS Health, Inc. and Past SVP and Group Executive, IBM
This biennial event offers Gator Engineering alumni and educators an opportunity to meet in one place and participate in a dynamic discussion about leadership and engineering, particularly the importance of maintaining a human-centered approach.
Join us for the next Gator Engineering Leadership Summit in the spring of 2015.