User Role: Editor and above
Note: Posts are similar to pages, but do not appear in your site’s main navigation. Posts are best for time-based content like news articles, or populating the Home Page Featured Content.
- From the Dashboard choose Posts > Add New. [ view image ]
- Enter a Post Title. This should be short, but descriptive.
- Add a Subtitle if you want to provide more information.
- Check “Hide Featured Image” if the post is populating the Home Page Featured Content slider and you don’t want the featured image to show up when viewing the post.
- Type or copy and paste your post content.
Note: your post content will look different in the edit window than it does in the browser. Preview your post from the Publish pane for the most accurate representation of what your post will actually look like.
To create section headings, use the formats dropdown to create hierarchical headlines (Heading 2, Heading 3, etc.), rather that bolding and resizing text.
- Add images and files using the Add Media button.
- If the Gravity Forms plugin is enabled on your site, add forms using the Add Form button.
- Set a Featured Image and Featured Content Slider Options (See an in-depth explanation of this functionality under “Home Page Featured Content” in the UF/Gator Engineering Template section).
- Add an Excerpt, if desired. This is what will appear on the home page featured content slider or in lists of posts.
- If you wish this post to automatically link to another area on your site or an external link, select the “A custom URL” radio button under Page Links To and enter the URL. [ view image ]
- Select Categories and/or enter tags to help organize your content so it’s easier for users to find similar content.
- Set Publishing Options and Publish, Preview, or Save Draft.