1st Annual Data Symposium Conference on Enabling Data Reproducibility and Sustainability
The University of Florida (UF) welcomes you to attend the 1st Annual Data Symposium Conference on Enabling Data Reproducibility and Sustainability. The conference will be held March 19th, 2018 in the George A. Smathers Library (Room 100) in Gainesville, Florida.
We cordially invite you to be an integral part of this inaugural event. This conference hopes to draw close to 100 researchers from national and international institutions of higher education, government agencies, and research institutions.
- Karl Benedict, PhD (Director of Research Data Services at the University of New Mexico) will share expertise in topics related to data representation, discoverability, and reproducibility, and also will provide a presentation on meeting funding agencies’ data management and sharing requirements.
- Viv Hutchison (Science Data Management Branch Chief at the US Geological Survey, Core Science Analytics Synthesis & Libraries) will share expertise in topics related to accepted repositories, data, metadata, science data lifecycle, and also will provide a presentation on the Data Seal of Approval (DSA)-World Data System (WDS) Partnership Working Group Catalogue of Common Requirements approach.
- Other morning speakers may include a panel of researchers/scientists/faculty representing UF Medicine, UF/IFAS, and UF Engineering communities of practice to discuss (1) current projects/research, (2) current needs, and (3) opportunities for interdisciplinary research collaborations (e.g. three at 20 minutes each)
Confirmed non-profit organizations:
- GitHub (Tanner Hogan)
- Center for Open Science (Open Science Framework) (Jolene Esposito)
- For additional information, please contact Dr. Plato Smith, Data Management Librarian, email@example.com; or Val Minson, Chair of Marston Science Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event is in the Smathers Library (formerly Library East), room 100.
- Event requires paid registration.
- Sponsored by the George A. Smathers Libraries, UF Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences (IFAS) Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, and the Weecology Lab.
- In-kind collaborative support from UF College of Engineering, UF Research Computing, UF Informatics Institute, UF Department Molecular of Genetics & Microbiology, UF/IFAS Nature Coast Biological Station, GitHub, and Center for Open Science.