Please share with us your most outstanding images of nanoscale science, engineering, and technology, in all their sizes, shapes, and colors. The image competition is open to undergraduate students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and faculty at UF.
There are several categories in which to compete and will receive awards:
- Participants should submit an image that demonstrates or highlights nanoscale research performed at UF. Be sure to note which equipment and laboratory was used to prepare the samples and obtain the image. For example, if the Research Service Centers (RSCs) was used, be sure to state that and identify the specific equipment used.
- There is not a category limit per participant, but one image cannot be submitted for multiple categories.
- Do not submit any images which have already been published somewhere else. However, you can submit the image if it has been modified. Images should be in a clean format (e.g. no text, symbols, scale bars, borders).
- Preferred image size: less than 2500 x 2500 pixels, high-resolution version (ideally 300 dpi).
- Preferred image formats: .png, .tiff , .jpg and .bmp.
- Preferred file size limit: 10 MB.
- Copyright: Although NIMET and the Research Service Centers (RSC) will need permission to reproduce the submitted images, the copyright will remain with the originator.
- To submit your image for the competition, upload it by October 9, 2019 (9 am).
- Winners will be announced and recognized at the Nano Day reception at 4:30 pm.
If you have any questions related to the image competition, please contact Amelia Dempere
Deadlines: Abstract (Oct 3), Poster Print (Oct 7), Poster Video Abstract (Oct 7), Image Contest (Oct 9)