Director for the Center on Cognitive Aging at University of Florida and Professor within the College of Medicine. Professor, Psychiatry and Human Behavior and Brain Science at Brown University for ten years, and director of Neuropsychology at the Miriam Hospital, a Brown teaching hospital for 19 years.
Diplomate of the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology. Founding member of the Magnetic Resonance Foundation at Brown University. Mentor for more than 20 post-doctoral trainees over the past 15 years, including 13 F32 awardees and 4 K-awardees from NIH. Standing member of NIH study section (BMIO) for seven years. Chair of several NIH study sections, including recent review group on MCI. Principal and co-investigator on multiple R01 grants from NIH over the past 15 years.
Editorial boards of multiple scientific journals over the past two decades, including: Brain Imaging and Behavior, Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, and the Clinical Neuropsychologist. Primary section editor for Stroke on neuropsychological studies; reviewer for over 30 medical journals, including, Neurology Annals of Neurology, Archives of Neurology, Biological Psychiatry, AIDS, Journal of Neurovirology, American Journal of Cardiology, Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation. Reviewer for over 40 neuropsychology/neuroscience journals, including: JINS, Neuropsychology, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, Brain, Human Brain Mapping, Brain Imaging and Behavior, Neurobiology of Aging, Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience. Over 18 peer-reviewed publications.
- Devlin, K, Gogvatana A, Clark U, Chassman J, Navia B, Tashima K, Cohen, RA. (2012). Neurocognitive effects of HIV, Hepatitis C, and substance use history. J Int Neuropsychol Soc.18(1):68-78.PMID:22132928 PubMed – in process.
- Alosco ML, Spitznagel MB, Cohen R, et al. (2012). Cognitive Impairment Is Independently Associated With Reduced Instrumental Activities of Daily Living in Persons With Heart Failure. J Cardiovasc Nurs. May 9. 27(1):44-50. PMC 3175008.
- Alosco, M. L.Spitznagel, M. B.Raz, N.Cohen, R. Sweet, L. H.van Dulmen, M.Colbert, L. H.Josephson, R.Waechter, D.Hughes, J.Rosneck, J.Gunstad, J.(2012). Cognitive reserve moderates the association between heart failure and cognitive impairment. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol, 34(1):1-10.
- Knecht KM, Alosco ML, Spitznagel MB, Cohen R, et al. Gunstad J et al. Sleep Apnea and Cognitive Function in Heart Failure. Cardiovasc Psychiatry Neurol. 2012;2012: PMID: 22745901.
- Alosco ML, Spitznagel MB, van Dulmen M, Raz N, Cohen R, Gunstad J. The additive effects of type-2 diabetes on cognitive function in older adults with heart failure. Cardiol Res Pract. 2012; PMID: 22701196.