A Safety Moment is a brief safety talk about a specific subject at the beginning of a meeting. Also known as safety minutes or safety chats, these talks can be done in a variety of ways, but are typically a brief (2-5 minute) discussion on a safety related topic. They can cover a variety of safety topics and remind employees of the importance of being safe; at work, at home and in all aspects of our lives.
Each slide deck contains several slides on the topic indicated, each slide is to be used as an individual Safety Moment unless otherwise noted.
Check back often as the library is always growing! We welcome your contribution – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resources used:
- UF EH&S:
- HWCOE Safety Office:
- University of Minnesota Joint Safety Team:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab:
- Yale University Joint Safety Team:
- The Ohio State University:
- University of California, Irvine EH&S:
- “3 Ways to Make your Safety Moments More Personal”