Gator Engineering @ Santa Fe
The Gator Engineering @ Santa Fe program, a collaboration between the University of Florida and Santa Fe College, is an innovative B.S. engineering degree program. This program allows a cohort of students to begin their coursework at Santa Fe College, gain admission to UF as early as after the first semester, continue coursework at Santa Fe for two more semesters (or until completion of all math and science critical tracking courses), and then matriculate to UF campus to continue their engineering study in their chosen major.
What is Gator Engineering?
Interested in the GE@SF program, but want to know more about Gator Engineering first? Watch the videos produced by Gator Engineering and our Engineering Ambassadors.
Degree programs participating in the 2015-2016 academic year:
- Department of Computer and Information Systems and Engineering: Computer Science (CSE) and Digital Arts and Sciences (DAS)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: Computer Engineering (CPE) and Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences: Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) and Nuclear Engineering (NE)
Students are evaluated for this program after first being considered for freshman admission to UF. Students invited to this program must apply through the freshman admissions process. The deadline for freshman applications to UF is November 1st.
Gator Engineering @ Santa Fe program students have unique experiences that closely bond them to each other, to the UF campus, and to their chosen field of study, even during their first semester before admission to the University of Florida. Participating in this program is a badge of honor visible to the surrounding UF community and to our Gator Engineering external partners, including employers and alumni.
Advantages for students participating in Gator Engineering @ Santa Fe include:
- A close connection to the UF College of Engineering
- A supportive cohort of fellow students in the program
- Smaller class sizes
- Access to UF departmental advisors, and a dedicated advisor from the College of Engineering who will meet with them regularly at Santa Fe College
- Gator Engineering graduate student teaching assistants for calculus, chemistry, and physics classes
- Exposure to potential employers and engineering faculty through information sessions and seminars
- Interaction with engineering faculty who present their research areas, and opportunities to apply for and pursue undergraduate research
- An engineering design and programming class developed just for this program and taught by a UF engineering faculty member
- Access to all UF services once admitted as a UF student as early as after the first fall term
- Access to the Gateway to the Gators, a hub for UF on the Santa Fe campus
- Participation in UF College of Engineering events, including fall events, such as the Engineering New Student Convocation and the Engineering New Student Welcome
- Participation in any of the UF student organizations (once admitted to UF)