This semester the campus-wide showcase (hybrid, Sep 21st to 24th, Technical days are Sep.23rd and 24th), number of department fairs are virtual (ECE, MSE-NU, CISE, ESSIE). This page has all the instructions you need to set up and use Career Fair Plus, our virtual fair platform. Here are some important things to note:
- All conversations with employers will be by appointment. Plan ahead! Appointment slots are first come first served. The scheduling window opens Sept. 11, 8:00 am.
- You will need to create a candidate profile in Career Fair Plus to be able to schedule an appointment.
- Meetings with employers can be held by video or phone call.
1. Setting up
- Download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone by searching “Career Fair Plus” in the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app, and search for University of Florida.
2. Creating an account
You will need to build a complete profile that includes your resume as well as other relevant information. Employers may assign appropriate representatives for your meeting based on your profile. See this video for reference.
3. Scheduling appointments with employers
All conversations with employers at the Virtual Career Fair will be by appointment slots, and it will be first come first serve fashion. The scheduling window is open from Sept. 11, 8:00 am through the day of Career Fair, Sept. 21st.
After creating your account in Career Fair Plus, you can browse employers attending the event. As you browse the employers, schedule appointments to meet virtually with the employers that interest you.
- Tap on the employer you are would like to meet with and then tap ‘Virtual Appointments’ to see the schedules they have available
- Select the opportunity that interests you; employers may have multiple schedules for each opportunity
- Select a time that works for you, and hit ‘YES’ to book the appointment slot
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to schedule appointments.
Schedule early! If there is an employer you want to meet with, don’t wait to schedule an appointment with them!
4. Day before event/your meeting
Open the app, select the event and log into your account
- Best/Required browsers to utilize the platform: Chrome and Firefox
- Make sure you can access your virtual appointment schedule. See this video for reference.
- Check the meeting type listed under the schedule for each of your appointments. You can view this by clicking through to the schedule, and checking under the employer name, as below:
5. On the day of the event/your meeting
You’re all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these three simple steps:
- Log into the app, select the event and sign into your account
- Access your virtual appointment schedule and meet with employers
- Use the app to help you track your appointments and make notes
Need some day of help? Drop in to meet with your career coach at this Zoom link (M, R, 11: am to 12:30 pm).
For any questions or assistance contact your career coach at email@example.com.