Non-Degree International Students

  • Prospective Students
  • New Students
  • Current Students
  • Graduating Students
  • STAR Office
  • State College Partnerships
  • International Engineering
  • Awards and Scholarships
  • Non-degree international students are students who have been accepted to a prescribed, non-degree academic program within the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering (HWCOE). These students, if not enrolled at a UF Exchange Partner Institution abroad, are required to pay the current non-resident tuition rate and attend UF as a J-1 Non-Degree Student, unless otherwise defined within an active UFIC cooperative agreement. J-1 Non-Degree Students must be engaged in a full-time course of study, which may include classroom instruction and/or research. J-1 Non-Degree Students must be sponsored by a UF faculty member to participate in this program at the University of Florida, unless the student is a nominated participant under an active UFIC cooperative agreement.

    If you have been admitted to HWCOE as a non-degree international student, here are the steps to follow. 

    1. Complete the Non-degree Registration Request form
      • Under Program Information – College, choose one of the following based on your program
        • King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral students: “The College of Engineering – King Fahd University”
        • International 3+X students: “The College of Engineering – on campus international program”
      • It is very important that the application is completed correctly including the term the student is applying for, the program student is applying for and their personal information.
      • Instructions on filling out the form can be found here: Non Degree Request Form Online Instructions