Excelerate is a limited enrollment program that recognizes talented students and provides them an opportunity to accelerate completion of their engineering degree. Students take six weeks of Calculus I and either a general education or engineering design course in Summer B of their first year. This allows students to begin the Fall of their first year with Calculus II. Students are able to make a smoother transition to College by getting acclimated to campus resources and class rigor during the summer. All students in the program become part of a unique cohort of fellow students with peer and graduate student mentors.
Benefits of Participation
enhanced opportunities for leadership, international, and research experiences
complementary tutoring and calculus workshops
corporate speaker series and networking opportunities
- MAC 2311 – Calculus 1 (4 credits)
- EGN 2020C – Engineering Design and Society (2 credits)
- IUF 1000 – What is the Good Life (3 credits)
Incoming students who are admitted to Summer B and meet the following criteria are eligible for participation:
- Intended major is Engineering (EG)
- Currently enrolled in AP Calculus AB (in Senior Year of High School), and
- Not enrolled in AP Calculus BC
- Not anticipating a score of 5 in Calculus AB
- Scoring 85% or higher on the ALEKS test
How to Apply
- Complete the application form here prior to your scheduled Preview session.
For more information about this program contact Matt Williams, Assistant Director, First Year Advising at email@example.com.