Excelerate is a limited enrollment program that recognizes talented students and provides them an opportunity to accelerate completion of their engineering degree. Students take six weeks of Calculus I and either a general education or engineering design course in Summer B of their first year. This allows students to begin the Fall of their first year with Calculus II. Students are able to make a smoother transition to College by getting acclimated to campus resources and class rigor during the summer. All students in the program become part of a unique cohort of fellow students with peer and graduate student mentors.
Benefits of Participation
- personal/peer mentoring
- enhanced opportunities for leadership, international, and research experiences
- complementary tutoring and calculus workshops
- corporate speaker series and networking opportunities
- MAC 2311 – Calculus 1 (4 credits)
- EGN 2020C – Engineering Design and Society (2 credits)
- IUF 1000 – What is the Good Life (3 credits)
Incoming students who are admitted to Summer B and meet the following criteria are eligible for participation:
- Intended major is Engineering (EG)
- Currently enrolled in AP Calculus AB (in Senior Year of High School), and
- Not enrolled in AP Calculus BC
- Not anticipating a score of 5 in Calculus AB
- Scoring 80% or higher on the ALEKS test
How to Apply
- Complete the application form here prior to your scheduled Preview session.
For more information about this program contact Matt Williams, Assistant Director, First Year Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.