Start Closer >> Go Further >> Finish Higher
Earn your University of Florida Engineering degree through a successful start at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF)
Gator Engineering at State College of Florida (SCF) program, a partnership between the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering and SCF allows participating students to begin their coursework at SCF, gain admission to UF as early as their second fall semester, continue coursework at SCF until completion of all critical-tracking courses, and then move to UF’s main campus in Gainesville to complete their degrees.
The following majors are offered through three departments of UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering including, Computer & Information Science & Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering departments. Each link will be opened in the designated department website.
Students are evaluated for this program after first being considered for freshman admission to UF. Only students who have applied through the freshman admissions process and who have met the published freshman application deadline (typically November 1st) are considered for invitation to this program. Students must declare one of the participating degree programs as their intended major to be considered for the Gator Engineering at State College of Florida program.
Benefits and Features
- Guaranteed admission to the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering at UF, contingent on meeting the program requirements
- A close connection to the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
- A supportive cohort of fellow students in the program
- Smaller class sizes
- Access to academic success coaches at State College of Florida and a dedicated academic advisor from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
- Exposure to potential employers and engineering faculty through information sessions and seminars
- Exposure to potential employers based in Sarasota and surrounding regions through co-ops and internships
- Interaction with engineering faculty who present their research areas and opportunities to apply for and pursue undergraduate research
- Access to many UF services once admitted as a UF student, as early as the second fall semester
- Participation in Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering events such as the Engineering New Student Welcome
- Participation in many of the UF student organizations, once admitted to UF
To learn more about the program and the opportunities that are available to Gator Engineering at State College of Florida (SCF) students, visit the links below.
Sophie Spratley, Ph.D.
Associate Director of Partnership Programs