The University of Florida offers companies several options for collaboration with top-notch students, faculty and facilities to provide solutions for engineering initiatives.
Benefits to industry include:
- Get solutions to existing problems or future initiatives
- Get high-level work from students and faculty
- Receive prototypes of developed solutions
- Evaluate students for potential internships and future hires
- Engage with UF faculty and facilities
- Expand Company awareness within UF’s college of engineering
Pathways to engagement include:
- Sponsored Capstone and Course Design Projects provide primarily senior-level engineering students an opportunity to collaborate on team projects sponsored by industry and apply their knowledge and skills in developing a design solution that meets the design requirements of the sponsor.
- Integrated Product and Process Design (IPPD) is an experiential education program focused on developing multidisciplinary teams of senior-level undergraduates working for two semesters designing, building and testing products for industrial sponsors. Visit https://www.ippd.ufl.edu/ to learn more about this outstanding program.
- Industry-Sponsored Projects and Research offer a high-quality, cost-effective way to conduct research or develop new products to extend a Company’s reach while tapping into the expertise, energy, and enthusiasm of top-notch faculty and students.
For further information and assistance, please contact:
Ann Marie Chupa
Coordinator, Industry Programs