The UF Innovation Station Sarasota County (UFIS-SC) team is your company’s local resource committed to helping the industry make valuable connections to the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. With a team of Sarasota-based professionals to serve the region, UFIS-Sarasota County is committed to helping the region’s companies grow and prosper.
By the Numbers
- 120+ connections with local companies annually to explore the potential for internships, research, and other student engagements
- More than 285 Gator Engineers placed with over 85 different companies from summer 2017 through summer 2023
- More than 40 Gator Engineering Interns are accepting full-time positions in the regions after graduation
- Majority of summer interns enrolled in computer science, computer engineering, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering disciplines. Other areas of students’ studies include industrial, environmental, and aerospace engineering.
- Fifteen companies-sponsored research/capstone projects between UF students/faculty and local companies
Opportunities for Industry Engagement
Sponsored Projects & Research
UF Faculty Expertise and Resources
IP and Tech Transfer
For further information and to discuss the best way to assist your corporate needs, please contact:
Ann Marie Chupa
Coordinator, Industry Programs