Role of NIMET
The Nanoscience Institute for Medical and Engineering Technology (NIMET) is a university-wide institute administered by the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. NIMET serves to enable and support research and educational activities at the University of Florida in all fields of nanoscale science, engineering, and technology. In addition, NIMET facilitates the collaborative engagement needed to develop and adapt nanotechnologies for novel medical, engineering, scientific, and agricultural applications.
The Mission of NIMET:
- Identify, aggregate, focus, and coordinate the discovery, development, and applications of nanoscale research and education at UF.
- Provide and promote world-class centralized facilities, technical support, and equipment for the manufacture, characterization, and use of nanotechnology.
- Train students to use nanoscale manufacturing and characterization techniques and equipment in order to prepare them for careers in nanotechnology.
- Create an open and collaborative environment with other universities, industry, and national labs.
- Pursue major funding opportunities in in nanoscale research and its applications.