NanoFlorida is an annual meeting designed for all young scientists in the field of nanotechnology and its applications. The meeting location rotates between the major universities in Florida involved in nanotechnology research. It provides attendees with:
- a broader and deeper perspective on the cutting-edge nanotechnology research active across Florida
- an opportunity to improve their skills with presenting technical information effectively
- a chance to build their scientific and profession social network
NIMET is a proud sponsor of the NanoFlorida International Conference – 2020, being held virtually on September 25th and hosted by the University of Miami. Students and faculty involved in nanotechnology research from across the state will gather online to share and discuss their latest results. A “Shark Tank” event enables entrepreneurial students to share their new-technology and startup concepts.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER Participating:
- Students who want to learn more about nanotechnology, meet peers who share this interest, and talk with representatives of
- Student researchers wishing to present their accomplishments in an intellectually stimulating but low-stress environment.
- Faculty interested in engaging with colleagues from around Florida to build professional relationships and research collaborations.
- Industry scientists and engineers with a desire to recruit the best students for nanotechnology-related careers, co-ops, and internships.
Focus topics for the meeting:
- Nano-materials and Devices
- Nano-Bio Technology
- Nano-diagnostics & Imaging
- Nano-scale Drug Delivery
- Gene & Cell Technology
- Tissue Engineering
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Environment, Agriculture & Food Safety
- and more!
This potentially free event will be a great opportunity for students to network with other nanotech researchers, develop their presentation skills, and learn about other leading nanotech research going on nearby.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION:
- September 1 : Deadline to submit abstracts
- September 14 : Shark Tank Videos Due
- September 15 : Regular presentation videos due
- September 20 : Last Day to Register
- September 25: Conference Day from 12 – 5 pm
Questions: please contact Dina Quinn