NIMET is a proud sponsor of the NanoFlorida International Conference – 2019, being held November 15th – 17th at the University of South Florida Marshal Student Center in Tampa, Florida. Students and faculty involved in nanotechnology research from across the state will gather to discuss and share their latest results. Industrial sponsors will also be on hand to meet students and discuss their career opportunities in nanotechnology. NIMET and the National Science Foundation (NSF) have teamed up to provide financial support for UF students and postdocs to participate in NanoFlorida 2019.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER ATTENDING:
- Students who want to learn more about nanotechnology, meet peers who share this interest, and talk with representatives of
- Student researchers wishing to present their accomplishments in a low-stress but intellectually stimulating environment.
- Faculty interested in meeting colleagues from around Florida to build professional relationships and research collaborations.
- Industry scientists and engineers with a desire to recruit the best students for nanotechnology-related careers, co-ops, and internships.
Focus topics for the meeting:
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Environment, Agriculture & Food Safety
- Nano-materials and Devices
- Nano-Bio Technology
- Nano-diagnostics & Imaging
- Nano-scale Drug Delivery
- Gene & Cell Technology
- Tissue Engineering
NSF / NIMET Sponsorship of UF Student Participation:
- NSF will cover the registration fee of the first 200 students (register early!)
- NIMET will provide full travel support for selected UF students who submit their abstracts (the earlier the better).
- NIMET will organize sessions for UF students to discuss the preparation and practice the delivery of their posters and presentations.
- NIMET will organize and cover the cost of group travel to NanoFlorida and shared accommodations.
This potentially free event will be a great opportunity for students to network with other nanotech researchers, develop their presentation skills, and learn about other leading nanotech research going on nearby.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION:
To be considered for NIMET support, UF students must (ideally before 9/15) do the following:
- Register for the meeting
- Submit an abstract
- Fill out the NIMET Sponsorship Request Form
- Submit NIMET Sponsorship Request Form
- Use the NIMET NanoFlorida Poster Template (free printing) and the NIMET NanoFlorida Slide Template
Questions: please contact Dina Quinn