Your Next Steps
- Interested Ph.D. at UF? Complete this brief 30 second Ph.D. online form
- Officially Apply Ph.D. to UF
- Contact our Department Graduate Staff or Faculty Graduate Coordinators with questions
The University of Florida is ranked impressively high in many national publications!!!!
- UF ranked #1 Top Public Institution by 2023 Wall Street Journal and ranked #6 for Top Public Universities by 2024 U.S. News & World Report
- UF ranked Best Colleges in America by 2023 Money Magazine
- State of Florida is ranked #1 in the Nation for Higher Education by 2023 U.S. News & World Report
- UF ranked #1 Most Efficient Research Institution & #1 Innovation Impact
- UF ranked #1 Best College Athletics in American by 2023 Niche Magazine
Faculty, Research, Facilities
- University of Florida Research Spending increases 15% to $1.25 Billion in 2023
- See our extensive Areas of Specialization for all engineering departments and Ph.D. degrees
- New Malachowsky Hall for Data Science & Information Technology (2023) & HWCOE Lab for Engineering Excellence (2021)
- More than 300 Expert Faculty
- Centers, Institutes, Specialized Facilities, Experiment Stations, Etc.
Incentives to Apply ph.d.
- Our Ph.D. fellowships can include up to four to five years of full funding including tuition, GatorGradCare health insurance, and an annual living stipend in the $30,000+ range
- GRE Waived for all Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Ph.D. Programs
- Apply for Free for most students with our Ph.D. admissions application fee waivers
- Spring Visit Trip to UF; Hold the Dates of Feb. 22-25, 2024 for an all expense paid trip to Gainesville, FL (flights or mileage, hotels, local airport shuttles, meals) for invited, newly admitted Ph.D. for Fall 2024 who reside in the U.S.
- UF Career Connection Center hosts the largest Job & Internship Fair in the Southeast with more than 600 companies represented
- Direct Ph.D. entry from your BS or MS degrees
Gainesville, Cost of Living, Beaches, Metro Cities
- One of America’s Best College Towns is Gainesville, FL
- Gainesville most cost effective city of any top ten public university
- Average temperature of 81 degrees, Beaches within 60-90 minutes Atlantic Ocean & Gulf of Mexico
- Within 2 hours of major metropolitan cities of Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville
- Full UF Estimated Graduate Costs of Attendance can be found here