Top Research from a Top 10 Public University
Research at University of Florida plays a significant role in shaping our world. UF is one of only six universities in the country with colleges of law, medicine, engineering, agriculture and veterinary medicine on one campus, allowing students to collaborate across disciplines to engineer global solutions.
- UF Ranked #7 in the U.S. News & World Report Top Public Schools rankings. Learn more here.
- Florida ranks #1 in the nation for higher education.
- UF received $838 million in research awards in fiscal year 2018
- There are currently 10,750 active research projects
- UF helped launch more than 190 startups based on researchers’ technologies.
- More than 1,600 faculty received awards in 2017.
- Learn more about research at UF.
Click here for the UF Master’s Offer for all International Students
Best in Value
The University of Florida is known as a “best value” school for its educational impact and reasonable cost of living in the City of Gainesville.
As of January 2018, UF is ranked:
- No. 1 by Value Colleges – Top 50 Best Value Colleges
- No. 2 in the nation among public universities and No. 1 in Florida by Kiplinger
- No. 3 by Forbes Best Value Colleges
- No. 10 by Money Magazine – Best College for your money
Click here for a look at tuition and cost-of-living comparisons.
UF Career Connection Center hosts the Career Showcase twice a year in the Exactech Arena, Stephen O’Connell Center. These annual student job/internship fairs are the largest in the Southeast of the U.S. with more than 400 companies in attendance to recruit UF students.
In addition, most departments within the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering also host targeted recruiting events throughout the year. Below are just a few examples of companies who have historically recruited UF engineers with a visa option:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Applied Data Corporation
In the headlines: Originally from China, UF alumnus Yangbin Wang (MSEE ’93) recently won the Technology and Engineering Emmy Award for Vobile, a software he developed in 2005 to catch pirate video streaming. Read more >>>
Funding Opportunities for International Students:
- SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: The Glenn and Deborah Renwick Engineering Scholar Award provides some students $20,000 for non-Florida residents (out-of-state, international) and $10,000 for Florida residents (in-state) towards the completion of an engineering on-campus master’s degree. https://www.eng.ufl.edu/graduate/renwick/
- NON-FLORIDA RESIDENT FUNDING: The Academic Achievement Award provides a guaranteed award of $4,500, which is distributed as a partial tuition waiver of $1,500 a semester for up to three semesters. This is open to out-of-state and international students. State of Florida residents are not eligible.
Questions? Contact our Master’s Student Recruiting Chairs:
- Yunxi Qu, email@example.com, Education PhD Student, Chinese Student Recruitment Assistant
- Hongjia He, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mechanical Engineering, Hainan University
- Jyoti Jinde, email@example.com, Biomedical Engineering, University of Mumbai
- Priyanka Pistolwala, firstname.lastname@example.org, Biomedical Engineering, Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering
- Sai Pranesh Amirisetti, email@example.com, Chemical Engineering, Osmania University
- Meet Guatam Parikh, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chemical Engineering, Nirma University
- Shashwat Anant, email@example.com, Civil and Coastal Engineering, PES University, Bangalore
- Sahil Bhalla, firstname.lastname@example.org, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Manipal University Jaipur
- Aditya Kulkarni, email@example.com, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Pune
- Lokesh Surya Paluri, firstname.lastname@example.org, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology – Warangal
- Sajeed Mohammad, email@example.com, Electrical and Computer Engineering, VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Rohan Reddy Kalavakonda, firstname.lastname@example.org, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sanjay Ghodawat Group of Institutions
- Ila Ragade, email@example.com, Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Pune
- Gawtam Bhat, firstname.lastname@example.org, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
- Anup Jain, email@example.com, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Sinhgad College of Engineering
- Arjun Puliyaneth, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut