- Engineering alumnus seeks a 3D map of the world July 8, 2020
UF alumnus Amir Rubin (B.S. ECE’03) is a serial entrepreneur. As the CEO of Paracosm, a company which he founded, he is leading the development of computer vision and simultaneous-localization-and-mapping (SLAM) technology that is making the next generation of 3D scanning tools possible. Rubin’s vision is to use these tools to someday produce a 3D ...
- ELI and EII Soar Past Goals for Academic Year 2019-2020 June 30, 2020
The Engineering Innovation Institute made a 22% increase in student enrollment from last year, comprising 642 undergraduate and 192 graduate students. In addition, this past year saw 2,160 unique combined student enrollments (Innovation and Leadership Institutes) in the curricula offered, continuing a ~30% annual enrollment growth rate for the two Institutes since inception. The growth ...
- Feathr, UF Engineering Alumnus-Founded Startup, Soars Into 2020 With $11M Investment Boost February 6, 2020
Originally published on UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering News.
Feathr, a digital marketing platform built specifically for the needs of associations and event organizers, has closed a Series B financing totaling more than $11 million. Aidan Augustin was an industrial and systems engineering student at UF when he attended a national networking event and was ...
- Q & A with Matt Bellman, Ph.D, Myolyn Co-founder and CTO September 4, 2019
Recently, Dr. Melissa White, one of the UF Engineering Innovation Institute’s lecturer and mentors sat down with Dr.Matt Bellman, a Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Alumnus and co-founder of Myolyn, a fast growing startups in Gainesville, Florida for a quick Q and A session.
Q: How did the Engineering Entrepreneurship course prepare you in your entrepreneurial ...
- UF Engineering Alumna Helps Older Adults with New Technology August 2, 2019
UF Engineering Alumna Helps Older Adults with New Technology
- EII and ELI serving all UF Engineering Departments now! January 9, 2019
UF Engineering Innovation and Leadership Institutes are jointly offering a set of “teaching modules” in select innovation and leadership topics.
- Soaring Toward A $100B Industry December 14, 2018
Featured in Forbes, UF engineering startup Altavian continues to gain marketplace momentum in the multi-billion dollar drone industry.
- A Leader Talks About Leadership November 27, 2018
UF ISE Alumni David Thomas returns to campus as the Linda Parker Hudson Engineering Leader in Residence for Fall 2018.
- UF Engineer Improving Transplant Environment For Patients With Diabetes November 27, 2018
Dr. Cherie Stabler is developing a process to encapsulate transplanted cells, eliminating the need for systemic immune suppression drugs.
- Building Better Engines That Consume Less Energy November 27, 2018
Developing Stainless Steel Alloy Corrosion tool for engine optimization.