- Orchard Tech, founded by UF Engineering alumna, helps seniors be savvy January 4, 2021
Ming Yang, a UF computer engineering alumna, got backing from the UF Engineering Innovation Institute and won second place in its “Big Idea” competition to found Orchard Tech.
- FLIR Systems Acquires Altavian, Inc. December 16, 2020
A former Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering student startup, Altavian, was recently acquired by FLIR Systems, Inc. FLIR Systems is a world-leading technology company focused on intelligent sensing solutions for defense and industrial applications. Founded by Engineering Innovation Institute alumnus, Thomas Rambo (BSAE ’10; MS ’12), and Thomas Reed (BSAE ’10; MS ’12), Altavian is ...
- HWCOE’s researcher Honored at Virtual Standing InnOvation Event (UF Innovate) September 25, 2020
Mark Tehranipoor, Ph.D., Intel Charles E. Young Preeminence Endowed Chair Professor in Cybersecurity in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, and director of FICS, leads a team of hardware and software engineers who have developed a superior reputation for securing electronics for government and industry. Dr. Tehranipoor received recognition at the virtual Standing InnOvation Awards for ...
- Engineering alumnus seeks a 3D map of the world July 8, 2020
UF alumnus Amir Rubin (B.S. ECE’03) is a serial entrepreneur. As the CEO of Paracosm, a company which he founded, he is leading the development of computer vision and simultaneous-localization-and-mapping (SLAM) technology that is making the next generation of 3D scanning tools possible. Rubin’s vision is to use these tools to someday produce a 3D ...
- ELI and EII Soar Past Goals for Academic Year 2019-2020 June 30, 2020
The Engineering Innovation Institute made a 22% increase in student enrollment from last year, comprising 642 undergraduate and 192 graduate students. In addition, this past year saw 2,160 unique combined student enrollments (Innovation and Leadership Institutes) in the curricula offered, continuing a ~30% annual enrollment growth rate for the two Institutes since inception. The growth ...
- Feathr, UF Engineering Alumnus-Founded Startup, Soars Into 2020 With $11M Investment Boost February 6, 2020
Originally published on UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering News.
Feathr, a digital marketing platform built specifically for the needs of associations and event organizers, has closed a Series B financing totaling more than $11 million. Aidan Augustin was an industrial and systems engineering student at UF when he attended a national networking event and was ...
- Q & A with Matt Bellman, Ph.D, Myolyn Co-founder and CTO September 4, 2019
Recently, Dr. Melissa White, one of the UF Engineering Innovation Institute’s lecturer and mentors sat down with Dr.Matt Bellman, a Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Alumnus and co-founder of Myolyn, a fast growing startups in Gainesville, Florida for a quick Q and A session.
Q: How did the Engineering Entrepreneurship course prepare you in your entrepreneurial ...
- UF Engineering Alumna Helps Older Adults with New Technology August 2, 2019
UF Engineering Alumna Helps Older Adults with New Technology
- EII and ELI serving all UF Engineering Departments now! January 9, 2019
UF Engineering Innovation and Leadership Institutes are jointly offering a set of “teaching modules” in select innovation and leadership topics.
- Soaring Toward A $100B Industry December 14, 2018
Featured in Forbes, UF engineering startup Altavian continues to gain marketplace momentum in the multi-billion dollar drone industry.