Director, Research Service Centers (RSCs)
Ph.D., University of Florida
Dr. Dempere received her Ph.D. (1999) in Materials Science Engineering at the University of Florida. She is the director of the Research Service Centers in the College of Engineering, which include: Nanoscale Research Facility (NRF), Major Analytical Instrumentation Center (MAIC), and the Particle Analysis Instrumentation Center (PAIC).
Dr. Dempere’s research interests include materials characterization and analysis, sustainable materials, sustainability in engineering.
- Evaluation of Porometry, Permeability and Transport of Structural Concrete awarded by Florida Department of Transportation Research Center 2015 – 2018
- Use of Scanning Electron Microscopya Nd Microanalysis to Determine Chloride Content of Concrete and Raw Materials awarded by Florida Department of Transportation 2008 – 2013
- NSF MRI: Acquisition of a High Resolution Electron Probe Micro-Analyzer 2014 – 2017
- NSF MRI: Acquisition of a Scanning X-Ray Photoelectron Spectrometer With Ultraviolet Photon Source and C60 Ion Gun awarded by National Science Foundation 2011 – 2014
- Next-Generation Sweet Sorghums-Sustainable Production of Feedstocks for Fuels, Chemicals and Value-Added Products awarded by US Department of Agriculture National Institute of Food and Agriculture 2011 – 2015