Gator engineers can find resources here to help them at every step of their career journey.
Top 4 things you should know:
- Our services are in the transition during Summer B, 2021. Please select your choice of option when you schedule appointment.
- Schedule an appointment via Gator CareerLink: https://career.ufl.edu/services-resources/gator-careerlink/
- UF C3 Express drop-in services: Monday -Thursday, -In Person, Friday – Virtual.
- The UF Career Connection Center (C3) serves both students and employers through a variety of services. We offer students, in all stages of their education, career options explore, self-assessments, professional document review and critique, professional development advice and workshops, job search advice and more. HWCOE C3 Overview.
- The newly renovated C3 is located on the first floor of Reitz Union. The additional space enables us to continue to fulfill our mission of educating and creating connections. Check on our Career Community to find out more resources customized for your area of study. Career Community for the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
- Activate your Gator CareerLink account. Students and employers can take advantage of our online recruiting system, Gator CareerLink, for job posting, on-campus interviews, company-hosted events, and showcase. Students, please complete your profile to enable the job search functions, schedule individual appointments and more.
As the Career Connections Center embedded liaison for HWCOE, my mission is to assist students to start strongly in pursuing their career goals. I come with 20+ years of experience as an HR professional from industry. Over the years, I found my passion goes along with talent development, and the opportunity to work for young talents really makes me excited. Life is a journey of experiences. But experiences will only become your own assets when you learn from it and build into your capabilities. I stayed on the same campus for 10 years to finish my degrees in psychology. Looking back, it is the skills of knowing how to learn and the scientific methodology of research really helped me to evolve in my career and become a life-long learner.
Self-Assessments are a great tool early in the career development process that can assist you with educational planning (choosing/changing your major), exploring career options, career decision-making, and/or career shifts. It’s important to remember that self-assessments are just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to figuring out your major and career options but often the easiest place to simply start.
Are you still trying to settle on a major? Wondering how to connect majors to careers? With a collection of information on hundreds of academic majors, this site will help to see outlines of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities. Please excuse the few references across the documents that are not UF-Specific. We find this to be a best-in-class resource and purchase it from the University of Tennessee (UT) for your use.