The International Engineering Programs provides students with an opportunity to learn beyond the classroom. Immersion in a foreign country offers a chance for students to gain exciting and new knowledge, resulting in a life-changing experience. Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering is also home to the largest number of international students at UF and we wish to promote cross-cultural interactions among students of all nationalities and background.
The International Engineering Programs was created with the following objectives:
- Be a one-stop center for UF Engineering undergraduates interested in pursuing an international experience by providing advising, guidance and support, both before, during, and after the completion of international experience
- Increasing visibility of Gator Engineering in the international community
- Increasing student participation in international experiences through study abroad, internships, research or overseas service activities; provide advising, guidance and support, both before, during, and after the completion of international experience
- Providing support for international students at UF to ensure a smooth transition and provide guidance to first-time students to the US
- Establish linkage between incoming and outgoing international students to encourage cross-cultural exchange and understanding
- To create future global leaders who are able to combine technical expertise with understanding of a global environment, who are able to solve problems across borders and cultures
The New Engineer is not only technically competent but one who is capable of leading and innovating in a world that is increasingly global.
Dr. Cammy Abernathy, Dean of Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering