Office of Student Transition and Retention
As a unit of the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering (HWCOE), the Office of Student Transition and Retention (STAR) embraces the belief that all of our students possess the potential to become leaders and master practitioners within the field of engineering.
The mission of the STAR Office is to create and provide student-centered services that promote the academic, professional and personal success (APP Model) of all students by fostering an inclusive and equitable learning environment within the College and UF campus as a whole. The ultimate objective of the STAR Office is to empower student success within the College/University, encourage them to become life-long learners, and prepare them to take leadership roles that take on the greatest challenges facing our world.
The STAR office offers a diverse array of student focused programming and services that promote the holistic development of the student, academically, personally, and professionally (APP Model).
Programs offered through the STAR Office include:
- First-Year Student Summer-Bridge programs (STEPUP)
- Academic support services
- Professional development coaching
- Transfer student support services
- Other student focused services as part of the Office of Student Affairs
- K12 support services (Flexstation K12 Initiatives)