Office of Student Transition and Retention (STAR)
Promoting Student Success!
The Office of Student Transition and Retention (STAR) is a unit within the Herbert Wertheim Office of Student Affairs (OSA). Our collective mission is to:
- Provide services, programs, and facilities that advance student success,
- Inspire students to make life-long positive contributions to society,
- Promote an inclusive environment that enriches the University of Florida and Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering community.
As part of OSA, our collective goal is to engage and cultivate engineering students through programs and opportunities that promote the development of the whole student, academically, personally, and professionally (APP).
- To increase interest in the field of engineering among K-12 students through programs and events that provide experiential learning activities.
- To increase student first-year success in transitioning into the UF community, while reducing student attrition from the College through our programs and initiatives until graduation.
- To foster and sustain a college learning environment that promotes the holistic growth and development of all students, irrespective of race, ethnicity, religious background, age, sexual orientation or mental/physical abilities.
STEPUP 2017 FRESHMAN CLASS
Upcoming EventsNo events are currently scheduled.
Past EventsNo events are currently scheduled.