The FE exam is typically the first step in the process leading to the P.E. license. It is designed for students who are close to finishing an undergraduate engineering degree. The exam lasts 8 hours and is administered in April and October.
The following steps need to be taken to successfully register for the FE exam:
- Apply to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers – Adobe PDF format, MS Word format
- Register with NCEES to reserve a seat – https://apps.ncees.org/emsLogin/
- Print your exam authorization notice, you must have this document the day of your exam!
The following links may be helpful for your preparation:
- FAQ about the FE
- Deadlines to Register
- Exam Topics
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers Website
- NCEES (Licensing for Professional Engineers)