Get a head start on your career as a Gator Engineer. Discover opportunities, meet your advisor, and chat with our Engineering Preview Peer Leaders as you chart your course for fall and beyond. Here are a few quick tips for Preview Prep. View our questions page for more info. Get in touch with other questions. We’re happy to hear from our new class of Gator Engineers.
- Placement tests: Even if you have AP credit for chemistry or math, all engineering students are required to take the ALEKS placement test. This is the best tool to help you determine the appropriate math or chemistry class for your first term. Take the test BEFORE attending your Preview session.
- Compile your test scores: Gather AP/IB/AICE and Dual Enrollment scores and grades. You will be asked to provide this information when you register for Preview.
- Do some research: Before you come to campus, do some research on the majors you are considering. You can find the UF catalog online. This will introduce you to programs of study, policies and resources. If you are undecided about your major, register for EGS1006 Introduction to Engineering. This one-credit class will introduce you to all the disciplines.
- Ask questions: We know you have questions, now is the time to ask! You are embarking on a new adventure. The more information you have, the better your experience will be. Make a list and bring it with you.
- Check your GatorLink account daily. Email is our primary means of reaching you, so make it a habit to check your GatorLink account. Don’t miss out on valuable opportunities because you didn’t check your email. Make it a priority.
Visit these links for even more helpful information:
- Important UF Academic Calendar Dates
- New Student FAQ’s
- UF Admissions Freshman Preview Orientation website