2021-2022 Attributes of a Gator Engineer Student Recognition Awards
Considered the greatest distinction of any student award given by the college, the Gator Engineering Attribute Awards are intended to provide an ideal guide for all members of the Gator Engineering community. They honor five undergraduate and five Ph.D. students who strongly model one of the five Gator Engineering Attributes:
- Creativity: imaginative, versatile, resourceful, artful, curious, passionate, inspired, innovative, willing to discover new solutions and to explore all options
- Leadership: visionary, professional, skilled communicator, engaged and committed, entrepreneurial, inspiring, fair, mission-guided, caring, willing to delegate, sound perspective, sense of humor, positive attitude, confident, strong intuition, thoughtful
- Integrity: honest, ethical, willing to work for achievements (persistent, hard-working, determined), impelled toward right action, trustworthy, humble, inspires integrity in others
- Professional Excellence: technically competent, skilled in management and planning, problem-solving, scientifically insightful
- Service to the Global Community
Humanitarianism: tolerant, respectful, socially conscious, selfless, interdependent, cooperative, willing to nurture and serve community, mentoring, compassionate
Global Awareness: aware of interactions of financial, societal, legal, and cultural influences, diverse, world-changing
Call for Nominations
The deadline to submit your nomination is Friday, March 4, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
To submit a nomination, please provide the following:
- Completed Online Attribute Nomination Form
- A letter providing compelling evidence of how this student has strongly exhibited the attribute in question and is qualified to represent this attribute for the upcoming year. Please include specific examples.
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae
- A signed acknowledgement with permission to submit a nomination from the student is required.
Please submit nominations by completing the online Attribute Nomination Form.
Recipients will be notified by the second week of April.
Recognition of Attribute Awardees
Recipients will be recognized during our Faculty and Student Awards Luncheon on Friday, April 22, 2022.