If you want to gain international experience and develop professional skills in your field of expertise at the same time, then you should consider an internship abroad.
- UF in Haifa is a 12-week, 6-credit program that combines study and internship experience for undergraduate students in Haifa, Israel. This program is a partnership with Technion Israel Institute of Technology. Technion will coordinate the internship placement for students in high-tech start-up companies closely related to their field of study.
- This program will contribute 6 credit towards toward the Engineering Innovation minor for undergraduates, or 3 credits toward the Engineering Entrepreneurship Certificate for graduate students. These credits can also count as technical electives towards the students’ major.
- More information here.
Scholarships are offered through the UF HWCOE Kemerait Internationalization Fund to engineering undergraduates who are pursuing a minor in Engineering Innovation with a GPA above 3.0.
- The UF in Vietnam Internship Program offers students a unique opportunity to learn about Vietnamese commerce, culture, and technology while completing a business or engineering internship at a Chinese company in the capital metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City. No Vietnamese language skills are required, as all placements have English speaking supervisors.
- The IAESTE Internship Placement Program matches U.S. university students majoring in technical fields with paid internships abroad. Positions are available in industry, research institutes and universities, consulting firms, labs, and other work environments.
- There is an application fee of $75 and a program fee of $925.
- Selected students will be paid a salary by the overseas employers to cover basic living expenses and the amount varies from country to country.
To find out more, make an appointment today!