If you want to gain international experience and develop professional skills in your field of expertise at the same time, then you should consider an internship abroad. There are two types of internship abroad programs:
- UF Sponsored Programs
- Non-UF Programs for Academic Credits
- These internships are coordinated by outside providers or institutions. Students can receive academic credits and are eligible for financial aid if they complete a Non-UF application and get approval for the credits. The internships are typically unpaid but may provide a stipend.
- Non-UF Programs without Academic Credits
- These internships are coordinated either by an outside provider, non-profit organizations, or a company. Students do not receive academic credits. Students may receive a stipend for the internships.
- IAESTE (International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience)
- The IAESTE Internship Placement Program matches U.S. university students majoring in technical fields with paid internships abroad. Positions are available in industry, research institutes and universities, consulting firms, labs, and other work environments.
We are always looking for ways to increase partnerships with industry and engineering alum to offer global working experience for our students. If you are interested in offering an internship position, please email us at email@example.com
If you are a student and you want to find out more, make an appointment today!