If you want to gain international experience and develop professional skills in your field of expertise at the same time, then you should consider an internship abroad. There are two types of internship abroad programs:
- UF Sponsored Programs
- These internships are coordinated by a UF program director. Students receive academic credits and are eligible for financial aid. The internships are unpaid.
- UF in Brazil: Engineering Internship
- UF in Dublin: Engineering Internship
- UF in Vietnam: Engineering and Business Internship
- Non-UF Programs for Academic Credits
- These internships are coordinated by an overseas institution. Students receive academic credits and are eligible for financial aid. The internships are unpaid.
- Technion International Engineering Entrepreneurship and Internship
- More information here.
- Non-UF Programs with Academic Credits
- These internships are coordinated either by an outside provider, non-profit organizations, or a company. Students do not receive academic credits. Students may receive a stipend for the internships.
- IAESTE (International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience)
- The IAESTE Internship Placement Program matches U.S. university students majoring in technical fields with paid internships abroad. Positions are available in industry, research institutes and universities, consulting firms, labs, and other work environments.
- Harmonic Inc.
- Harmonic Inc. is an American technology company that develops and markets video routing, server, and storage products for companies that produce, process, and distribute video content for television and the Internet. Selected internship opportunities are available for engineering students
We are always looking for ways to increase partnerships with industry and engineering alum to offer global working experience for our students. If you are interested to offer an internship position, please email us at email@example.com
If you are a student and you want to find out more, make an appointment today!