The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering offers information sessions and college tours on selected dates throughout the fall and spring semesters. Prospective students and their families will learn about the college during an information session presented by one of our professional academic advisors and take a student-led walking tour of engineering facilities and labs.
These information sessions are appropriate for prospective freshmen and undergraduate transfer students.
We cannot offer tours during the summer, holidays, or peak academic dates.
This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable footwear and clothing. If any member of your party is unable to participate in the walking tour, there is a comfortable lounge area and food court in the Reitz Union. Remember, UF is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus.
To maximize your visit to the University of Florida, we suggest you consider attending the morning UF Admissions session and campus tour so you can get all of your questions answered.
COLLEGE INFORMATION SESSIONS & TOURS
Formal tours have concluded for the Fall 2019 term and will resume in Spring. Dates will be posted in mid-January.
Engineering Peer Advisors are available to meet with prospective students and families Monday through Friday at 1:15pm in 204 Weil Hall through November 22. Please contact us to schedule an information session.
SCHOOL GROUPS SHOULD CONTACT US TO ARRANGE A VISIT.
These departments offer major specific information sessions:
- The J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering
- The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
How to make the most of your campus visit
- Help us make your visit meaningful by scheduling in advance. We do our best to accommodate walk-ins, but can personalize your visit if we know about it ahead of your arrival.
- Make a list of questions you want answered. Bring it with you.
- Do a little research before you come to campus. This can help you to develop your list of questions. Reviewing the university and college web sites can familiarize you with many aspects of our programs and campus life, allowing you to tailor your campus visit to your areas of interest and making sure those topics are covered.
- Some facilities and resources are not available during break weeks, exam weeks, and holidays. We cannot accommodate visits during the first week of a term.