The application process for the STEPUP program will open on March 13, 2023, and close on June 23, 2023, OR UNTIL ALL PROGRAM SEATS ARE FILLED. Students admitted for the 2023 Summer B & Fall semesters are invited to apply.
To be eligible, students must:
- Show evidence of academic excellence and interest in becoming a successful engineer
- Be an incoming first-year student, officially admitted, and confirmed attendance to the University of Florida by June 23, 2023, to participate in the program.
- Be able to fully participate in all program activities.
Completed applications include:
- An application form, which includes submitting a resume and one-page cover letter (detailing why the applicant considers him/herself to be an ideal candidate for the program, as well as, the top three goals the applicant intends to accomplish by participating in the program). Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience challenges uploading this information onto the STEPUP application.
- A copy of the student’s high school transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
- Two teacher recommendations (or 1 Teacher and 1 guidance counselor).
- Please complete the online application. The application page will require your student Gatorlink email, then your Gatorlink ID and password to gain access to the application form.
- Please have two of your teachers (preferably a math/science teacher or guidance counselor) complete the student recommendations by providing their contact information in the Bridge application form.
Note the following important details:
- Students participating in the Innovation Academy and/or the UF PROMISE program must attain approval from these programs to participate in the STEPUP program.
- All applicants admitted into the STEPUP program MUST attend a summer Preview Orientation Session. Sign up for your Preview Orientation here.
- The applicant will receive an email confirmation that their application submission approximately 5-10 minutes after submission.
- Applicants will receive correspondence regarding the status of their application within 2-3 weeks after all required documents, and references have been received by the STAR office.
- Students admitted for the 2023 summer B semester who are applying for the STEPUP program should still attend UF Preview, register for regular summer B classes, and apply for regular UF housing, meal plans, etc., on their own. If admitted into the STEPUP program, the STAR office will work with the student to cancel housing/ meal plan fees as well as to have the student’s deposit refunded, the meal plan canceled, and adjust their summer course schedule as required for the STEPUP program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit the following link for answers to frequently asked questions regarding the STEPUP program, STEPUP FAQs.