The application process for the STEPUP program will open on March 1, 2021 and close on June 4, 2021 OR UNTIL ALL PROGRAM SEATS ARE FILLED.
To be eligible, students must:
- Show evidence of academic excellence and interest in becoming a successful engineer
- Be an incoming first year student, officially admitted, and confirmed attendance to the University of Florida by May 1, 2020 to participate in the program
- Be able to fully participate in all program activities
Completed applications include:
- An application form, which includes submitting a resume and one-page cover letter (detailing why the applicant considers him/herself to be an ideal candidate for the program, as well as, the top three goals the applicant intends to accomplish by participating in the program).
- A copy of the student’s high school transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
- Two teacher (or guidance counselor) recommendations.
- Please complete the online Bridge application form as soon as possible. The application page will require your student Gatorlink email, then your Gatorlink ID and password to gain access to the application form. The application link will become available on March 1, 2021.
- Please have two of your teachers (preferably a math/science teacher or guidance counselor) complete the student recommendations by providing their contact information in the Bridge application form.
Note the following important details:
- Students participating in the Innovation Academy and/or the UF PROMISE program must attain approval from these programs to participate in the STEPUP program.
- All applicants admitted into the STEPUP program MUST attend a Preview Orientation Session. Sign up for your Preview Orientation here.
- Once you apply students will receive a confirmation email regarding their application submission 5-10 minutes after your submission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit the following link for answers to frequently asked questions regarding the STEPUP program, STEPUP FAQs.