The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering recognizes recipients of the following awards during the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Faculty and Student Awards Luncheon. The luncheon will be held on Friday April 27, 2018 (details will be provided for award recipients). All recipients should ideally be able to attend the event.:
- Two students will be selected as Outstanding Gator Engineering Scholars, one who entered UF as a freshmen (Four-Year Scholar) and one who entered as a transfer student (Two-Year Scholar).
Outstanding Gator Engineering Four-Year Scholar
Outstanding Gator Engineering Two-Year Scholar
- Two Student Speaker Award recipients will be selected to provide speeches during the undergraduate commencement ceremony:
Female Student Speaker
Male Student Speaker
One student will be selected for each of the following awards:
- Dean Joseph Weil Engineering Leadership Award
This Award will be presented to a student who has continually exhibited outstanding leadership and organizational abilities in promoting ideals, ethics and principles of engineering and the engineering profession, for the betterment of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- Dean Jonathan F.K. Earle Engineering Leadership Award
This Award will be presented to a student who has continually exhibited outstanding service to the community and university, leadership, and dedication to the ideals, ethics and principles of engineering and the engineering profession, for the betterment of present and future students of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering and University of Florida.
- There will also be an Outstanding Gator Engineering M.S. Award for graduating Masters Students.
All recipients must be engineering seniors set to graduate in the Spring, Summer or Fall of 2018. In order to assist the committee in their search, please be as specific as possible when filling out the application.
Applicants are able to apply for more than one award.
Spring deadline: March 21, 2018 at 4:30pm
Contact Mrs. Kanitra Perry