Administrative Support Assistant II Position
The University of Florida Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering is seeking a full-time Administrative Support Assistant II to serve in the University of Florida Engineering Innovation and Engineering Leadership Institutes.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, maintains the calendars for the Directors of the Engineering Innovation Institute and Engineering Leadership Institute. Provides assistance to the Directors of both areas by assisting with various projects, correspondence, preparation of spreadsheets, development of agendas and pamphlets, copying of documents, filing, etc. Coordinates and arranges travel-related activities for visitors of the programs and the respective administrators, national and international travel. Communicates with visitors the requirements for reimbursement of travel, gathers appropriate information and process reimbursements.
- Coordinates and manages various events; seeks and schedules appropriate venue, determines food needed and places food orders for the event, as well as the set up, and clean up for events. If appropriate, may be asked to work an event if support is needed while event is taking place.
- Provides reception support for the Engineering Innovation Institute and Engineering Leadership Institute; greets and assists visitors, answers questions. Receive, screen and direct incoming telephone calls and mail, as appropriate take messages and disseminate appropriately.
- Orders supplies and maintains the property records, conducts annual inventory review and other duties as assigned.
- Administrative experience and familiarity with the roles of academic leaders (chairs, directors, and deans) to effectively and proactively provide the required level of professional assistance.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ease with learning new programs and competence in project management skills is desired.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times and a willingness to perform administrative services such as answering phones, retrieving phone system messages, making calls and recording minutes.
- Interact professionally with the public in a sensitive and professional manner, screen requests and materials effectively and efficiently, and handle a variety of situations readily.
- The candidate must have a talent for listening carefully and communicating tactfully.
- Must have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Must be articulate and have a good command of the English language. Proficient writing skills and the ability to compose correspondence, edit, and proofread.
- Must be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize own work and proceed with minimal supervision.
- Consistently demonstrate personal initiative: display interest in the overall well-being of the Dean’s Office and University goals, and take initiative to assist whenever possible in the success of the institution.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume through the UF Careers System link at http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/505657/administrative-support-assistant-ii.