Change of Major Request

Change of Major Request

Looking to change your major? Select the option below that applies to you.

I am already a student in the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.

If you are currently a student already in the College of Engineering and would like to change your major to another major in the College of Engineering, please contact your assigned academic advisor.

I am not a student in the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
Before submitting a Change of Major request

Please review your intended major’s Critical Tracking requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog. If you do not know where to find these requirements, find your intended major’s Undergraduate Catalog page, and then click on the Critical Tracking tab. To be eligible for a major change, you are required to be on track for the Critical Tracking (CT) of your intended major.

To be on track:

  1. You must have completed the minimum number of CT courses
  2. You have earned at least the minimum CT GPA
  3. Must not have any pending repeat of CT courses. You are allowed two attempts at CT courses and your CT GPA is calculated  using the best attempt.

You will be required to complete and upload the Engineering Academic Planner.  Include all courses you plan to take for your intended major, in addition to any other courses required for minors or other interests. It is recommended that you complete the Engineering Academic Planner before you start the Change of Major request.


After submitting a Change of Major request

If you are a first-year student requesting to change into the college of engineering – you will receive an email either approving or denying your request within 7 business days.

If you are in your second year or beyond, and you are requesting to change into a college of engineering major, you will receive an email with further instructions within 7 business days.