Graduate Admissions

Undergraduate Admissions


Undergraduate admissions are handled by the University. We’re happy to help our future students, though, so don’t hesitate to contact an adviser with any questions you may have. We’ll help you plan for your future within the college.

General Requirements

UF requires all incoming freshmen to submit an online application. Be sure to visit the site before you apply so that you can read up on the materials you’ll need on hand when you fill out the application. After submitting an application, you can go back to the website and check your admissions status while you wait for a decision.

Minimum Requirements

The minimum requirements for admission into UF are typically far below the scores and grades of students actually admitted. Because UF has such a highly qualified pool of applicants to select from, students should anticipate the need for superb grades and test scores. A detailed summary of admissions requirements is available from the Office of Admissions website.


The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering admits qualified transfer students who have completed an Associate in Arts degree at a Florida public community or state college. Students seeking admission from other universities or out-of-state schools may be considered for admission on a space available basis. Transfer students are admitted in fall, spring, and summer C terms. Transfer students who are admitted to UF as non-engineering majors generally cannot change their major to engineering.

Changing Majors Within UF

UF students who are currently in other majors and want to transfer into the College of Engineering are encouraged to meet with the academic advisers in their intended major. Students who have completed fewer than 60 hours have the option of becoming Exploratory Engineering students, and they should see a college adviser in 204 Weil Hall.

Non-Degree Seeking

Generally, you can register as a non-degree seeking student in the summer (not fall and spring) if you:

  1. Have not previously attended the University of Florida as a degree-seeking student;
  2. Have never applied to the University of Florida as a degree-seeking student;
  3. Are currently enrolled in an engineering major at another degree granting institution; and
  4. Intend to transfer coursework back to your home institution. A letter from the institution requesting that you be given non-degree status and stating the course(s) that you can take must be included with the non-degree seeking student application.

Students approved for non-degree status can enroll in courses on a space-available basis only during the last day of add/drop. Transient course work taken at UF will not count toward a UF degree.