For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- University of Florida Innovators Honored at 4th Annual Standing InnOvation Event (UF Innovate)
November 15, 2021: Gainesville, FL – On a sunny and fresh fall afternoon, UF Innovate | Tech Licensing hosted its annual event to recognize top innovations stemming out of the University of Florida. More than 150 innova …
- Take Off in a Flying Car With UF Engineers and Alumni
November 4, 2021: The journey from a dream to a new reality
- Researchers Seek to Build Confidence into AI for Healthcare Under NSF Grant
October 20, 2021: UF-led team will also explore ways to use AI to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases earlier.
- University of Florida Unveils New Engineering Building Designed for Next Wave of Innovation
October 8, 2021: The University of Florida’s Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering celebrated the opening of its Laboratory for Engineering Excellence on Thursday, October 7, 2021.
- Why This UF Professor Says Everyone Needs to Understand AI
October 7, 2021: “Everybody is calling it the new electricity,” said Diego Alvarado, M.E., an instructional assistant professor at the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. “It’s under the hood of almost everything …
- Capturing a World of Data: Computing Power is the Key to Analyzing a Changing Environment
September 29, 2021: A multidisciplinary research team that includes Alina Zare, Ph.D., a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Daisy Zhe Wang, Ph.D., an associate professor in the Depart …
- Trusting Tech: Artificial Intelligence Can Combat Deepfakes, Cybercrimes and Snooping
September 29, 2021: Damon Woodard, Ph.D., an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), is using AI methods to develop algorithms that can detect deepfakes, while Sanjeev Koppal, …
- Vital Signs: Leveraging Data for Better Health Outcomes
September 28, 2021: Juan Claudio Nino, Ph.D., a professor of Materials Science and Engineering, is collaborating with psychiatry and neuroscience assistant professor Marcelo Febo on a means of using AI to detect the earl …
- NIH Awards $1.1M to UF AI Researchers for Fight Against Parkinson’s
September 28, 2021: A multi-departmental team of researchers from the University of Florida have been awarded a $1.1M grant from the NIH on AI-powered medical research on Parkinson's disease.
- University of Florida Honors Integration Pioneers with Historical Marker
September 17, 2021: The University of Florida unveiled a historical marker honoring the integration pioneers who led the charge to desegregate the institution.