For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- University of Florida and Sarasota County renew Innovation Station funding
June 3, 2020: Gainesville, Florida – Sarasota County commissioners have unanimously approved extending funding, matched by UF funding, for University of Florida Innovation Station Sarasota County (UFIS-SC) through …
- Alumnus Gene Fraser Endows Teaching Professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute
May 26, 2020: As part of his commitment to the importance of leadership education, Gene Fraser (B.S., ChE ’76) has endowed two teaching professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute at the UF Herbert Werth …
- UF Mobilizes Campus, Exactech Expertise to Make Vital COVID-19 Nasal Swabs
May 21, 2020: Gainesville ortheopaedic implant maker Exactech is working with Forrest J. Masters, Ph.D., P.E., a professor and the associate dean for research and facilities at UF’s Herbert Wertheim College of Engi …
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation and UF Innovation Station-Sarasota County Continue to Build Talent Pipeline
May 7, 2020: The COVID-19 pandemic did not slow down the momentum of engineering students seeking internships this summer. A number of students from Gator Engineering at State College of Florida and from the UF He …
- Industrial & Systems Engineering Student Wins Big in 2020 Big Idea Competition
May 7, 2020: Students from the Herbert Wertheim College of engineering swept all four top honors in the 2020 Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition, sponsored by Warrington College of Business.
- UF Innovation Station comes to Northwest Florida
April 23, 2020: The University of Florida Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering has announced the establishment of its second Innovation Station, UFIS at the REEF.
- 2019-2020 Awards for the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
April 21, 2020: Celebrating outstanding faculty and staff from the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- UF Labs Team Up to Outfit Hospitals
April 20, 2020: UF engineering professor Forrest Masters, Ph.D., began a collaborative effort between campus labs to produce protective gear for underequipped hospitals.
- Gator engineering students reach semi-finals in the third annual Lockheed Martin Engineering Ethics Competition
April 14, 2020: The Gator engineering team was selected as one of the top six teams to proceed to the semi-final round of competition involving tense, timed rounds of presentations about an engineering ethics case st …
- Gator100 celebrates the world’s “Fastest Growing Gator Companies” and honors UF Engineering alumnus Scott Pressly with the Pinnacle Award.
March 3, 2020: Each year the UF Alumni Association, in partnership with the UF Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, recognizes UF alumni who have created and guided some of the most innovative and profitable bu …