For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- Building Better Engines That Consume Less Energy November 14, 2018 UF MSE Professor Awarded $1.5M from U.S. Department of Energy to Develop Metal Alloy Corrosion Measurement Tool.
- Meet Your 2018 Alumni Reunion Challengers October 29, 2018 RAISE $25,000 IN 25 DAYS IN HONOR OF STEPUP’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY October 16 – November 10, 2018 When the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering selected funding for STEPUP (the Successful Transition …
- Mission Possible: UF Technology Spots Microchip Hacks October 11, 2018 UF engineers at the Florida Institute for Cybersecurity Research use advanced diagnostics and AI to spot computer chip errors.
- UF Engineering Alumnus Wins Emmy Award For Vobile Software September 24, 2018 UF engineering alumnus Yangbin Wang won the 2018 Technology and Engineering Emmy Award for Vobile, a software he developed in 2005 to catch pirate video streaming.
- Mining Data From The Human Mouth September 24, 2018 Y.K. Yoon, ECE, has developed the first Internet of Things device that can mine data from the human mouth.
- Forecasting Haiti: An Internet of Things solution brings weather data back to Haiti. September 24, 2018
- Dr. Herbert Wertheim Inducted Into Florida Inventors Hall of Fame September 20, 2018 The annual event celebrated the outstanding achievements of the optometric physician, entrepreneur, inventor and innovator.
- Virtual Reality Trains The Mind To Balance The Body September 17, 2018 UF engineering researchers are trying to help the elderly, amputees, and people with stroke and spinal cord injury to improve their balance.
- UF Rises To No. 8 Among Public Universities September 12, 2018 The University of Florida strengthened its ranking among the nation’s top-10 public universities, rising to No. 8 in the latest U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges list.
- Leading In The Skies: Engineering + Air Force ROTC September 4, 2018 UF Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering students aim high, fly higher with leadership education.