For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- UF Announces $70 Million Artificial Intelligence Partnership with NVIDIA
July 21, 2020: UF will house the fastest AI supercomputer in higher education.
- FICS Research Receives $7.8M to Help Make On-Chip Security Pervasive
July 13, 2020: Originally posted on the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering’s website Florida Institute for Cybersecurity (FICS) Research has announced a collaboration with the Defense Advanced Researc …
- New College of Florida and University of Florida to Establish Dual Degree Program
July 7, 2020: New College of Florida and the University of Florida are working together to design an innovative dual degree program that would allow for the earning of a Bachelor of Arts degree in a liberal arts an …
- AAAS Fellow Juan Gilbert Builds Tech for Voting and to Make STEM More Diverse
June 25, 2020: Juan Gilbert, Ph.D., works on issues of bias in tech and the problem of voting in a pandemic. He has also written a set of guidelines for diversity and inclusion in crisis.
- University of Florida and Sarasota County Renew Innovation Station Funding
June 3, 2020: Sarasota County commissioners have unanimously approved extending funding, matched by UF funding, for University of Florida Innovation Station Sarasota County (UFIS-SC) through 2027.
- Alumnus Gene Fraser Endows Teaching Professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute
May 26, 2020: As part of his commitment to the importance of leadership education, Gene Fraser (B.S., ChE ’76) has endowed two teaching professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute at the UF Herbert Werth …
- UF Mobilizes Campus, Exactech Expertise to Make Vital COVID-19 Nasal Swabs
May 21, 2020: Gainesville ortheopaedic implant maker Exactech is working with Forrest J. Masters, Ph.D., P.E., a professor and the associate dean for research and facilities at UF’s Herbert Wertheim College of Engi …
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation and UF Innovation Station-Sarasota County Continue to Build Talent Pipeline
May 7, 2020: The COVID-19 pandemic did not slow down the momentum of engineering students seeking internships this summer. A number of students from Gator Engineering at State College of Florida and from the UF He …
- Industrial & Systems Engineering Student Wins Big in 2020 Big Idea Competition
May 7, 2020: Students from the Herbert Wertheim College of engineering swept all four top honors in the 2020 Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition, sponsored by Warrington College of Business.
- UF Innovation Station comes to Northwest Florida
April 23, 2020: The University of Florida Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering has announced the establishment of its second Innovation Station, UFIS at the REEF.