News & Events
Latest college headlines
- Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering to play key role in groundbreaking Laser Interferometer Space Antenna missionHerbert Wertheim College of Engineering, in partnership with NASA, is making a significant contribution to the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA) mission. UF is the only academic institution in the United States to be awarded a contract to develop hardware that will fly on the LISA mission.
- Florida Semiconductor Week convenes leaders to strengthen and expand Florida’s semiconductor manufacturing ecosystemThe urgency to fortify and expand Florida's semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem echoed through the halls of Malachowsky Hall for Data Science and Information Technology at the University of Florida Feb. 7-9 during the 2024 Florida Semiconductor Week.
- A groundbreaking project to build an interdisciplinary team and infrastructure to enable AI-Powered Athletics at UF is part of a $2.5 million project funded through President Ben Sasse’s Strategic Research Initiatives.
- The National Academy of Engineering has elected UF Distinguished Professor Christine Schmidt, Ph.D., to the academy for 2024 in recognition of her more than 25 years of work to help advance the fields of neural tissue engineering and wound healing and for her leadership in diversifying bioengineering.
- In a groundbreaking study published in Nature, scientists reveal that the return of sea otters to their former habitat in a Central California estuary has slowed erosion of the area’s creekbanks and marsh edges on average by 69%.