For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- Tehranipoor Honored at Virtual Standing InnOvation Event (UF Innovate)
September 25, 2020: Mark Tehranipoor, Ph.D., Intel Charles E. Young Preeminence Endowed Chair Professor in Cybersecurity in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, and director of FICS, leads a team of h …
- UF Researchers Find Viable Viruses in Aerosols that Cause COVID-19
September 23, 2020: New research from the University of Florida provides strong evidence that aerosol transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, may be possible.
- Driven to Success
September 1, 2020: Edwin Marcial (BS, ECE ’92) captures drives and tech talks for his Techrides website. He has interviewed Dean Cammy Abernathy as well as leaders from Delta, Virgin Galactic, and Intercontinental Excha …
- Gilbert Creates inLine Ticketing System to Lower Health Risk When Voting
August 5, 2020: Juan E. Gilbert, Ph.D., CISE, has created a ticketing system to help voters maintain social distancing while exercising their right to vote.
- UF Announces $70 Million Artificial Intelligence Partnership with NVIDIA
July 21, 2020: UF will house the fastest AI supercomputer in higher education.
- FICS Research Receives $7.8M to Help Make On-Chip Security Pervasive
July 13, 2020: Florida Institute for Cybersecurity (FICS) Research has announced a collaboration with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) on a program called Automated Implementation of Secure Sili …
- New College of Florida and University of Florida to Establish Dual Degree Program
July 7, 2020: New College of Florida and the University of Florida are working together to design an innovative dual degree program that would allow for the earning of a Bachelor of Arts degree in a liberal arts an …
- AAAS Fellow Juan Gilbert Builds Tech for Voting and to Make STEM More Diverse
June 25, 2020: Juan Gilbert, Ph.D., works on issues of bias in tech and the problem of voting in a pandemic. He has also written a set of guidelines for diversity and inclusion in crisis.
- University of Florida and Sarasota County Renew Innovation Station Funding
June 3, 2020: Sarasota County commissioners have unanimously approved extending funding, matched by UF funding, for University of Florida Innovation Station Sarasota County (UFIS-SC) through 2027.
- Alumnus Gene Fraser Endows Teaching Professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute
May 26, 2020: As part of his commitment to the importance of leadership education, Gene Fraser (B.S., ChE ’76) has endowed two teaching professorships in the Engineering Leadership Institute at the UF Herbert Werth …