For all the news about Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, visit our news site at Powering the New Engineer: News from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- UF Engineer Testifies Before U.S. House Committee about Election Security
January 22, 2020: Engineering plays a big role in securing our votes
- UF online programs see new gains in 2020 U.S. News & World Report rankings
January 14, 2020: Engineering Online Graduate Programs are now ranked No. 15.
- UF Online Ranked No. 4 Among Nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs
January 14, 2020: The University of Florida sets a new standard as a modern research university with national recognition for both traditional classroom programs and online pathways. UF Online, UF’s online undergraduat …
- A Look Back at Top Stories from 2019
December 23, 2019: As we wrap up the end of the year, here’s a look at the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering's accomplishments.
- Hibbitts Receives Prestigious NSF CAREER Award
December 19, 2019: David Hibbitts, Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, has been named a National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program Award winn …
- Aim for Reform, Not Just Relief
December 11, 2019: Rethinking how to rebuild after hurricanes
- UF Engineering Hopes to Curb Harmful Chemicals in Landfills With EPA Grant
October 15, 2019: Timothy Townsend, Ph.D. and his team from the Sustainable Materials Management Research Lab at UF, are spearheading research to study PFAS at landfills and our waste stream as a whole.
- NVIDIA Founder Chris Malachowsky Inducted Into Florida Inventors Hall Of Fame
September 25, 2019: Chris Malachowsky, an alumnus of UF’s Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, was selected for inventing the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) that transformed the visual computing industry by creating …
- Hardware Security Research and Education Centers of Excellence open at University of Florida and Ohio State
September 13, 2019: The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering at the University of Florida and The Ohio State University College of Engineering are collaborating as a close-knit team in two Centers of Excellence sponso …
- UF Adds Fully Dedicated Engineering Education Department to Engineering College
September 10, 2019: Faculty in the department will teach general engineering courses, including a first-year design class, courses for a graduate certificate in Engineering Education, and conduct fundamental and applied …