UF Exchange Programs
- Enroll through UF
- Semester program or full academic year; Some in summer. Language of instruction may or may not be English
- Pays tuition directly to UF for all courses
- Receives UF credits and calculated into GPA
- A UF exchange student is often the only UF student participating in that exchange for that semester. Full immersion experience
- Students make own living arrangements
- Application fee required to apply through UFIC
UF Sponsored Programs
- Developed and taught by UF faculty, courses taught in English
- Short-term programs – spring break, Thanksgiving or six-week summer
- In a group of other UF students
- All living arrangements and activities are planned
- Program fees billed by UFIC – covers tuition, insurance, housing, meals, excursions
- Affiliated Programs – Credits approved by your academic advisor will transfer upon receipt of your transcript. Check with your advisor whether the credits will go toward your degree.
- Affiliated partners:
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Academic Programs International (API)
- Academic Studies Abroad (ASA)
- GlobalLinks Learning Abroad (AsiaLearn, AustraLearn and EuroLearn)
- International Education of Students (IES)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Study Abroad Italy (SAI)
- The Education Abroad Network (TEAN)
- Other U.S. Universities
- Direct Enroll – Students enroll and pay tuition to overseas university directly
- Independent Program Providers – These organizations specialize in providing study abroad programs to students. In most cases, these organizations facilitate a direct enroll option for students to universities overseas and provide administrative support in coordinating tuition, accommodation, excursions, as well as providing on-site support once the program has started.
- Students participating in Non-UF Programs will be required to coordinate payment of their program fees directly to the group with which they are working. In addition to those fees, the International Center will collect a service charge that will cover the cost of the services that our office provides to students. Effective fall, all students will be enrolled in health insurance.
- Students have to submit ‘Study Abroad Program Proposal Form’
Next: Learn about options for financing your study abroad experience.