ICAI-SAPIENS at Universidad Pontificia Comillas Madrid is a program designed for engineering students interested in getting international experience without missing technical courses required for graduation with their classes. We offer a set of engineering courses, research opportunity, and a set of Spanish Culture and Language courses. Engineering courses are taught in English, while the students get immersed in the Spanish Culture through Spanish language courses and leisure activities with classmates.
In the summer semester, Comillas offers a 4-week and a 8-week program. Students have the opportunity to participate in a research project in the field of their major in the 8-week program. Other available courses are listed below.
|Session 1: Week 1-4||Session 2: Week 5-8|
|SPN 4956 Spanish Culture (2 UF credits)||SPN 4956 Spanish Culture (2 UF credits)|
|SPN 4956 Basic Spanish Language (2 UF credits)|
SPN 4956 Intermediate Spanish Language 1 (2 UF credits)
|SPN 4956 Intermediate Spanish Language 1 (2 UF credits)|
SPN 4956 Intermediate Spanish Language 2 (2 UF credits)
Session 1 & 2:
EGN 4912 International Undergraduate Research (4 UF credits)
Application fee: $425
Tuition: UF tuition based on residency for the amount of credits taken
Other estimated expenses
- UF engineering students with GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Spanish language skills are not required to participate. If you want to take a Spanish language class, you will be assigned to an appropriate class based on your Spanish skills
Students are responsible for finding their own housing for this program. Here are some housing providers that are recommended are the host institution and former students of the program. They have not been vetted nor are endorsed by UF IEP.
- Students Global Relocation (SGR)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Students at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas will receive a 50% discount on the service requested using the UPCOMILLAS code.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas will receive a 20% discount on the service requested, using the code provided by the company.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Students at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas will receive a 50% discount on the service requested, using the code COMILLAS50.
Estimated Cost of Living
Here is a list of estimates to help you plan your budget while in Madrid.
- Complete UFIC Application
- Submit Academic Advising Form
- Pay application fee